Terms & Conditions
- The standard hire period is 3 days, items will be delivered (or may be collected) the day before your event and collected or returned the following day.
- Extended hire will be charged at 10% of the total hire price for each additional day, unless previously agreed before the event.
- Changes to your order can be made up to 7 days prior to the delivery or collection date and are subject to availability.
- The items shall at all times remain the property of Dotty Shindig
- The customer is responsible for the care of the items during the hire period until received back by Dotty Shindig
DELIVERY & COLLECTION
- You are welcome to collect and return your order from us or we can deliver and/or collect for an additional fee.
- We must have clear and legal access for delivery and collection and should be notified in advance of any issues that may arise in the admission of our van to your venue/drop off site. Failure to do this may incur extra charges if we have to park further away or receive parking tickets.
- On signing the delivery note/pick up statement you are agreeing that the items are clean, not damaged and there is no shortage. If no one is available to check the delivery it will be regarded to have been delivered in a clean and undamaged condition. No complaint after this time will be valid.
- The customer agrees to return/prepare the goods for collection at the specified time in the same packaging and securely wrapped for transit.
CHARGES FOR DELIVERY & COLLECTION
- We do not charge for deliveries within a fifteen mile radius of WR11 7EH, subject to a minimum order value of £150.00 For deliveries further than this or under the minimum order value we charge 0.45p per mile for delivery and collection calculated by The AA route planner from WR11 7EH.
- Further charges may be made if undeclared access issues arise.
CONDITION OF GOODS
- All goods will be supplied clean and ready to use.
- We try to represent our hire items accurately in photographs, however please be aware there may be slight discrepancies with colour.
- Please remember you are hiring antique & vintage items accordingly they will not be perfect and will show signs of wear and tear
- The items we supply are vintage, please be aware there may be wear to the pattern or gilt. Our crockery is supplied ‘mix and match’; the pieces will come in a range of colours, shapes & sizes.
- Please note our crockery is NOT suitable for use in the microwave, oven or dishwasher.
- There is no need for you to wash up crockery; all excess food should be carefully removed from the items & repacked. Please make sure all crates, boxes & packing are returned to us.
- The hire charge of linen includes cleaning however you must ensure that all linen is dry and free of debris before being packed.
- Please don't use blue tac or sellotape to secure the bunting - it does come with generous ties and extra ribbon or cotton tape can be attached to make a longer tie if required.
- Vintage bunting is made using fabric that would be impossible to replace and so we have to charge a slightly higher damages deposit.
- In the unlikely event of it being damaged, please do not attempt to fix it!
- If the bunting has got wet please air dry it before packaging.
- Unfortunately accidents do happen and so for any damaged, misplaced or broken pieces a replacement fee must be charged. This will be 4 times the cost of hire.
- To minimise this risk please be aware that vintage goods should be handled with care and are more fragile than conventional hired pieces.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Please remember that our stock is authentic vintage, reclaimed, antique and rustic. All items are checked before hire and undergo regular maintenance. However please be aware there may be splinters, nails and rusted metal in some of the items. Dotty Shindig is not responsible for any damage or injury to persons, animals, property, or objects arising from the use of our hire items.
- Please follow any instructions you are given regarding yours and your guests health and safety.
- Some hire items may be heavy, please take care when moving, lifting and using our stock.
- It is your responsibility to inform your guests of this health and safety information.
- In the event of any injuries or damages while you are in receipt of our goods we can not take responsibility or liability for this. By ticking the box that you have read the terms and conditions you agree to this.
DEPOSITS & PAYMENT
- Upon placing an order a non refundable deposit of 25% of your order value is required at the time of ordering to secure your booking.
- The remaining 75% balance is payable 14 days prior to your event.
- We also require a damages deposit of £100 or 20% of the total order (whichever if greater) - this will be returned when all hire items have been returned/collected within the agreed time frame and checked for damage. Any charges for loss, damage to stock and late returns will be deducted from this deposit if necessary. If the the cost of damages exceed the breakages deposit amount then an additional invoice will be issued for these costs.
- Payments may be made via bank transfer, PayPal, cheque or cash.
Banking details will be given at the time of placing your order.
- Cancellations must be made in writing to Dotty Shindig.
- The following cancellation charges will be applied based on the notification period given:
30 days or more 25% of full hire price will be charged
14 - 30 days 50% of full hire price will be charged
Less than 14 days 100% of full hire price will be charged
- Dotty Shindig have no responsibility to honour the hire order if the balance and damages deposit are not paid in full within the correct time limit
- Dotty Shindig accepts no responsibility for any injury or damage caused by the goods hired.
- It is advised that you obtain suitable insurance for all items hired from Dotty Shindig. Any loss, damage or breakage will be charged accordingly.